- Vulcan Forged game garçonnière closes $8 million Series A reprise led by Skybridge Affairé
- Bored Ape Voilier Association and Azuki NFTs have the highest sales NFTs over the past 7 days
NFTs for healthcare
NFTs address the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
The Women in Primeur Fund (WN Fund) uses proceeds from sales of NFTs to invest in women-led healthcare startups in Africa, to achieve the third gardien de but of the United Nations – good health and well-being.
NFTs for good causes are a growing forme, and the benefits of blockchain for healthcare and democracy are being explored in countries with unstable leadership.
Women are more attuned to the health care needs of their community, said Corinne Momal-Fanian, executive director of the Kofi Annan Foundation. “From what we’ve seen in Africa, women entrepreneurs can drive novation, they can drive efficiencies and they can really have a emplacement in the health care ecosystem that governments can’t fill,” she said at a roundtable démêlé près to the United Nations in New York this week. .
Representatives from the World Health Organization and the World Economic Ralliement also participated.
Pradeep Kakatil, co-founder of WinN Fund, reminded the révélé of an “unacceptable” statistic: only 2% of venture pécule investments globally go to women-led institutions, despite the fact that women-led firms generate 35% higher returns. And achieve 6 times more jobs.
Coinbase partners with ENS
Coinbase has teamed up with the Ethereum Naming Aumône (ENS) to create their own Web3 usernames.
Coinbase usernames are built on top of the ENS soutènement, which are ENS subdomains that have “.cb.id” at the end, instead of “.eth.”
Users can then replace their 42-character address with a custom wallet address.
Users who already own a .eth domain now have the attirance to transfer ownership of an ENS name to a Coinbase wallet and choose between a Coinbase username or an existing ENS username as the primary username for that wallet.
The .cb.id username is not associated with Ethereum and can be used on nombre networks to send and receive crypto.
Simplified écrin titles have recently spiked in popularity during the past few months of a bear market. Since July, ENS registrations have increased by 200%, and the absolu type of NFT sales has increased by 80% in the past three months, according to NFTGo data.
NFT’s newest loyalty program: Bourbon & Diabolo
Amsterdam-based brand Bourbon & Diabolo is strengthening its embraser loyalty program by launching an NFT-based membership for Club Soda 3.0.0 Update.
Holders are given spéciale access to merchandise and events, as well as the ability to co-create clothing with Bourbon & Diabolo partners.
Each NFT serves as a membership card for the so-called “Free Spirit” community of Bourbon & Diabolo enthusiasts.
Cloud progiciel company Salesforce has chosen Bourbon & Diabolo to launch an experimental NFT Cloud aumône to help companies create and manage NFTs.
NFTs back in Minecraft?
Minecraft developer Mojang recently banned NFT pilier within Minecraft acquéreur and server apps, but MyMetaverse has found a way around the new exception.
The metaverse has reintroduced playable NFTs not only on Minecraft game servers, but also on mod versions of Ample Theft Clou (GTA).
Using NFTs running on Efinity, a Polkadot parachain developed by the Enjin gaming platform, MyMetaverse works with developers who build external servers on top of core Minecraft and GTA 5 games.
Simon Kertonegoro, CEO of MyMetaverse, told Blockworks that it works similar to the way WordPress allows people to use their technology to create custom websites. “These servers are self-hosted mods of the game and operate independently of Mojang or Rockstar,” Kertonegoro said.
Thus, Mojang and GTA’s agnat company Rockstar do not have any official initiation with NFTs.
“Modified versions of the game allow it to connect to crypto wallets and recognize in-game NFTs, which the élimer can then use as in-game items,” he added.
GameFi in numbers
- Fake Blockchain Games Pied-à-terre Vulcan Believer $8 million in a Series 1 funding reprise led by investment firm SkyBridge Affairé, founded by constituer White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci. The reprise includes an attirance to invest an additional $33 million. The funding will go toward accelerating the growth of “Metascapes,” the play-to-earn feature that allows Vulcan users to build their own région in the metaverse. Vulcan Forged has around 200,000 remuante users across 15 games and dapps.
- Blockchain game Splinterlands sold the latest traduction of the card banquise, Riftwatchers, in less than two minutes, and made $5.2 million from the écoeurant of 500,000 packs. Within hours, community members also purchased 30,000 prepaid card packages, according to the company. 25 million SPS – the authentique Splinterlands token – were either burned on the éblouissement or sent to the SPS Foundation DAO.
- Immortal Game, the company that takes chess to Web3, has Closed $15.5 million over two rounds, including a $12 million investment in July. TCG Crypto led the first reprise – backers Cassius, Greenfield One, Sparkle Ventures, Kevin Pendant and Rich Clemens 35V, Bluewall, Kraken Ventures, Spice Affairé also participated. It horizontaux to use the funding to build its platform, which is currently in beta form for users who want to sign up for the game’s gameplay and earning system.
Get the best cryptocurrency infos and insights of the day right in your inbox every evening. Sign up for our free Blockworks newsletter now.